Sometimes it’s easy to fall into that “rabbit hole” of feeling like things aren’t going right, or moving fast enough, or the world is against you, and so on. And, while it’s easy for me to sit over here and tell you to count your blessings-it’s just no fun to be that sanctimonious. So let’s lighten up! Here’s 10 ways things don’t suck right now to give you some perspective (and a little kick in the pants) as to why it’s worth your while to keep going and pursue your dreams.
10. If you’re reading this right now, you have Internet access-which means you have something that 65% of people in the world do NOT have. Oooo, you can take online classes, sell widgets, argue politics with someone halfway around the world, or look at puppy pictures-whatever you want!
9. You are most likely either a business owner, or have the luxury of working on creating the business of your choice-which means you don’t live in a fascist dictatorship or have to gather food for survival.
8. You have gifts, abilities, and talents that you don’t fully use. If you were fully using them, that would mean that you had reached your limit and had no more potential.
7. You didn’t have to walk to the river to get water today.
6. Although you may have experienced things in the past that you wish you hadn’t, in this moment, and this one, and this one…nothing bad is happening to you right now.
5. Cannibalism is quite rare. Even if you make a mistake, you are unlikely to be eaten-unlike most other animals on the planet.
4. There is at least one other person in this world that cares about you, even if you can’t name them off the top of your head.
3. You can read this. Therefore, you have unlimited knowledge available to you.
2. The gift of free will is yours. Even if someone tells you what to believe, think, or do, ultimately you can choose whatever you wish.
1. Breathing is always nice.
So now that you’re breathing, drinking a glass of clean water, making your own choices, and not having to outrun cannibals-what will you accomplish this week with those gifts, abilities, and talents you’ve got?
This blog post was written by Tina Dietz. Tina is the future host of Buffalo MoMonday! (Oh yes!!) She’ll be at the next Toronto MoMonday Nov 26 – say hello to her there! Get your tickets here: Buy Tickets
Tina Dietz is the owner of Tina Dietz Business Development and the inventor of the Success Funnel System™. With a mission to kindle 10,000 Thriving Businesses, Tina has served clients in more than 20 industries internationally from solo entrepreneurs to the corporate level, and she speaks internationally on topics that impact small businesses. For more about Tina, visit ThisIsTinaDietz.com.